Experienced Maryland Criminal Law Attorney Defends Clients on a Wide Range of Charges
Trusted counsel for Carroll County residents accused of felonies, misdemeanors and DUI
An accusation of any type of crime is a serious matter. Even a simple traffic citation can turn into a major headache without skilled legal representation. At the Law Office of James F. Brewer in Westminster, I draw on extensive experience handling criminal law cases throughout Carroll County and the surrounding counties to provide the Maryland residents I represent with tireless advocacy. My background as a prosecutor for 19 years combined with 16 years serving clients in private practice means I understand the criminal justice system from both sides. That knowledge allows me to provide you with a distinct advantage in mounting an effective defense. Whether you face felony charges or need help fighting a traffic ticket, I am dedicated to protecting your rights while resolving your case with skill and persistence.
Accomplished Maryland lawyer provides clients with strong legal support
The first step to resolving any legal case is choosing the right lawyer. Throughout Carroll County, clients trust me to protect their rights because I am:
- Established — After acquiring substantial knowledge and skill as a prosecutor and circuit court magistrate, I opened my private practice to give back to the community. For the last 14 years, I have strived to defend Maryland residents who face prosecution for DUI/DWI and other offenses.
- Skilled in litigation — While I have a reputation for providing personalized attention to every client I represent, I am also known for being a skilled litigator. As someone who has worked on both sides of the table, I know how to effectively defend my clients in court.
- Focused on winning — In every case I take — criminal defense, traffic tickets, DUIs, and family law — I am fully focused on winning. As a former commissioned officer in the United States Army, I draw upon the skill, perseverance, and fortitude honed in my years of military service to seek the best possible result in your case.
If police arrest you for drunk driving, drug possession or any other crime, you need an experienced defense attorney as soon as possible. When you hire me, I commit my time, resources, and knowledge to defending your freedom, rights, and reputation.
Experienced representation for people in Carroll County and the surrounding areas
My law firm delivers high-quality representation to Maryland clients in the following practice areas:
- Criminal defense — Whether you face charges for homicide, assault, drugs, or a gun crime, hiring the right lawyer can mean the difference between freedom and a life behind bars. I review your case, the evidence against you, and the prosecution’s case to build the best criminal defense for your situation.
- DUI/DWI and traffic violations — Drawing on my vast legal experience, I determine whether police engaged in lawful procedures by investigating whether there was probable cause for the traffic stop, the breathalyzer test was accurate, the field sobriety test was properly administered, you were Mirandized, and your Fourth Amendment right against unreasonable search and seizure was violated.
- Family law — In addition to my criminal law and DUI/DWI practice, I have experience handling family law matters related to divorce, child custody, and orders of protection.
Clients seek my help when their freedom and future are on the line, so I take pride in providing them with the strongest possible defense. If a DUI/DWI arrest or criminal charge threatens your life, my firm is dedicated to helping you resolve your case as quickly and strategically as possible.
Contact a skilled criminal defense lawyer in Maryland today
The Law Office of James F. Brewer represents Carroll County residents accused of DUI/DWI, drug crimes, assault, gun crimes, and homicide among other charges. My firm also handles family law cases. Whether you need help with a traffic ticket or a family law issue, I work diligently to protect your rights. Call 410-517-7308 or contact my firm online to arrange a free initial consultation to discuss your case with me at my Westminster office.